Network security is a complicated job, historically only it is a mandate of experienced and qualified experts that can deal with it.
Towards network security comes Vulnerability assessment of the key network assets for which security is ensured. However, as more and more people become agitated, there is a need for more lethargic people who can understand the basics of the network security world.
What you’ll learn
- Identify risks involved in computing
- Describe the goals of secure computing; confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Identify the threats to security in computing; interception, interruption, modification, and fabrication.
- How to Analyse controls available to address threats
- Basic knowledge of various Operating Systems such as Windows and Linux (Ubuntu and Kali).
- Students should have a basic background in IT Security.
The course covers the basics of Vulnerability studies and understanding. It dives into detailed information on the critical issues of vulnerabilities and covers the basics of penetration testing vs vulnerability management as well. The course brings about the vulnerabilities and how they are aligned depending on the top 20 rated vulnerabilities by OWASP. The course also includes lab simulation of vulnerability management processes. The lab introduces the students to Nessus, Nikto, OpenVas and so many ways in which vulnerabilities are tracked in the security scanner based on the respective critical level.
Who this course is for:
- New IT professionals
- IT Administrators
- IT Decision Makers
- Entry- Seasoned IT Security Professionals